Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home1/pcmarket/public_html/bloodpressureinformation.org/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building.php_/internal_link_building.php on line 103
Causes of High Blood Pressure
Since the High Blood Pressure can be caused by any of the three bodily humor; Vata Dosha, Pitta Dosha and Kapha Dosha, the causes can also be different. There are many other exacerbating factors of High Blood Pressure in the perspective of the three doshas of the body.
* High Blood Pressure caused by Vata Dosha can be increased due to mental anxiety, stress, tension and worries.
* High Blood Pressure caused by Pitta Dosha can be increased due to some strong mental emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy and shock.
* High Blood Pressure caused due to Kapha Dosha can be increased due to malignant factors like malfunctioning of the vital organs.
In the modern medical science i.e. essential and malignant hypertension can be caused due to following reasons;
Essential hypertension is generally idiopathic. Idiopathic means there is no perfect cause. However, following factors may contribute to produce hypertension.
* Diet. This includes foods having too much salt, fried and spicy food.
* Aging. The systolic pressure can be increased due to aging.
* Hereditary factors. It can run in families.
Malignant hypertension can be caused due to the main problems with the vital organs of the body like brain, liver and kidneys. Renal fibrosis, adrenal gland tumors, Cushing Syndrome, Wilm’s tumor are some of the condition that can lead to hypertension. However, most prevalent causes are problems related to kidneys like renal failure, glomerulonephritis and renal vascular obstruction.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
High Blood Pressure brings lot many problems to an individual. Here are some of the symptoms related with hypertension.
* A person feels regular giddiness, dizziness and sometimes a feeling of instability.
* Slightest exertion can cause dyspnoea i.e. breathlessness.
* Palpitations are not so uncommon in hypertension.
* Most of the people suffering from the High Blood Pressure are not having good sleep. So insomnia is the factor found in hypertension.
* The digestive system may play truant in a person having High Blood Pressure. There may be regular constipation.
Complication of High Blood Pressure
High Blood Pressure can affect several organs of the human body when the pressure becomes too high. The following are some of the common complications.
* In extreme cases, arteries supplying the blood to the brain may also be hemorrhaged. This is known as cerebral hemorrhage which can lead to paralysis or permanent damage of the brain.
* Capillaries that supply the blood to retina of the eyes are very narrow. Due to hypertension, they can rupture and cause bleeding inside the eyes. This may appear as red eyes.
* High Blood Pressure is commonly associated with the myocardial infarctions. Heart attacks are often considered as advanced stage or as a complication of the hypertension. There may be other causes that can cause myocardial infarction.
Transmission of High Blood Pressure
This is not a contagious disease i.e. this cant be spread by touching or can be suffered if you are in contact with a person who is having hypertension. High Blood Pressure is an individual disorder and hence can’t be transmitted to any other person by contact. But this is known hereditary condition.
Prevention and care of High Blood Pressure
A person having hypertension should take lot of precautions or care to control these symptoms to avoid dangerous situations. An aggravation of the High Blood Pressure could be fatal to an individual. There are some precautions that can be useful preventing the hypertension. These are mentioned below…
* Take rest as much as possible. A person should not remain waked up until late nights or to rise up too early.
* Stick to the dietary regimen given by the doctor.
* Latest researches show that breathing technique (pranayama) and yoga postures are extremely useful treating the High Blood Pressure.
* Some of the people advice light massage therapy that can bring the blood circulation in a normal manner throughout the body.
* Mental stress should be avoided by all means. Anxiety, depression, tensions and worries are surely going to contribute in creating hypertension. A person should be kept happy in his or her mood.
* Heavy exercise and fast running should be avoided. This may damage the blood vessel due to high in blood pressure.
* Be in pleasant atmosphere, walk around sea shore, gardens and other cooling places.
Diet for High Blood Pressure
The bodily humors are not in a normal position when one is suffering from the hypertension. They are disturbed and need to be brought back to their normal mood. Hence the diet to be followed must be pacifying all the three body doshas. Here are some precautions to be followed…
* Among fruits, banana, guavas, oranges and apples are considered to be good for treating the hypertension.
* The patient should give up the salt, spice and oil in food. They are good as much as restricted.
* Red meat should be avoided by all means. This is said to be triggering factor for High Blood Pressure.
* Chocolates, sweets, canned foods, junk foods, cold drinks are not good for hypertension and for over all health.
* Carbohydrates rich vegetable must be taken in order to keep your bowel soothe. They are good for your intestines and bowel movements. This will prevent the constipation, which is triggering factor for creating hypertension.
* Hydrogenated oils must be totally eliminated from the daily diet. Ghee and butter can be taken but in a very specific quantity. These must be made up from cow’s milk.
* Useful vegetables are bitter gourd, drumsticks and corianders. Colocasia and yellow pumpkin must be avoided.
* Light and easy to digest diet is to be taken like corn flakes and rice flakes.
* Refined flour items must be avoided like pizza, breads etc.
Ayurvedic treatment for High Blood Pressure
Since ancient times, proponents of Ayurveda have been researching and practicing various herbs in the treatment for High Blood Pressure. There are lot many herbs that can be used for the same. They can either be taken as single drug extract or can be used as in combination as formula.
Garlic is said to be beneficial in treating the hypertension. Rudraksha, arjuna, sarpagandha, brahmi, ashwagandha, alfalfa etc are proven for their efficacy towards the condition called hypertension or High Blood Pressure.